Symptoms on taking Spirulina

Forums Supporting Each Other Symptoms on taking Spirulina

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Has anyone experienced a dip in ketone levels since commencing spirulina? Also skin rash? My ketones range between 0.1-0.4 whereas before they were 0.5-1.0. I am taking Instaketones every day now but don’t feel too good most days. Some days are better than others.
    Does anyone have any tips?
    Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Hey amandaward,

Not sure if anything’s changed since March when you wrote this message but keto + spirulina is a combo I’ve been taking. I’ve not found any particular issue with ketone production with spirulina.

I wouldn’t worry too much about ketone production in general either. Sometimes it’s super high and sometimes it’s quite low. The key is to keep consistent with the keto macros. You don’t need to be in ketosis all the time to get the benefits of a high-fat low-carb diet. The body burns more fat (enhanced lipolysis) w/ a keto diet already. Whether ketones are produced in the liver at all should be seen as the icing on the cake. It’s a misconception in the keto community that we must strive to maintain ketosis at all times. This just causes undue stress!

Saying that, I hope you’ve nailed the diet now!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.